29 Aug APM Tutorial – MicroAI™
Asset Performance Monitoring (APM) using MicroAI™ provides useful information to an end-user and eliminates human error. This video will introduce APM and describe how MicroAI™ can be used to detect asset-performance anomalies. It will build a good foundation for any new developers who are just starting to learn about AI and machine learning. We will highlight a simple use case as well as discuss the disadvantages in monitoring assets without the benefits of MicroAI™.
APM can be done on large scales such as factories and greenhouses. It can also be implemented on small scales such as monitoring coffee pots, microwaves, computers, and any other IoT-enabled device. Using APM on non-IoT devices is also possible. This means that APM can be used to monitor the performance of virtually any type of asset. This scalability and flexibility will be important as the use of IoT devices continue to penetrate virtually every industry and market segment.
The Advantages of APM and MicroAI™
In the refrigerator example discussed above, the integration of APM with MicroAI™ provides some tangible benefits. Those would include:
1. Elimination of errors associated with human monitoring and manual measurement
2. Less reliance on human monitoring and reductions in the number of support staff
3. Increased speed of processing incoming data and implementing appropriate action
4. Ability to provide 24/7 asset monitoring regardless of time or asset location
5. Improves the overall performance of the assets being monitored resulting in improved operational performance and cost reductions
6. Higher levels of customer satisfaction due to improvements in the performance of field assets
7. AI and ML capabilities that enable predictive analytics and promote longer asset life cycles.
8. And much more….